HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I'm getting 4 blinks. All my limit switches are tied

Customer Question
I'm getting 4 blinks. All...
I'm getting 4 blinks. All my limit switches are tied together! What now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/29/2016
HVAC Technician: Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Give me just a moment to pull up some information for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a goodman gmp 100-4
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

4 blinks on a Goodman means open high limit

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Call me(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know. By passed it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Bypassed all 5
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Roll off switches too

when you bypassed it its still not firing up?

have you tried tapping on the circuit board to see if that jump starts it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Brand new board and capacitor

I am going to open this up to other experts. so you can have someone call you to assist since I am unable to call at the moment.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Have you checked continuity across both ends of the limit circuit where it connects to the board?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I put it on sound and it's reading through like it is closed

If you have continuity across the entire limit circuit and you have a new board you've eliminated all the possible culprits.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Outside unit not coming on in ac. Could I have something wired wrong?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What makes it come on?

AC and heat are entirely different circuits on the board. They don't interact. I have no way to know if you wired it wrong.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but what if I have the wires crossed, they are beside each other

I can post a link to the manual and you can compare your connections to the wiring diagram.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

I'm logging off for the night soon. If you don't get back before I do I'll respond in the morning if you have more questions. If you don't have more questions I'd appreciate a favorable rating. I'll answer related follow ups and this thread won't go away even after you rate me favorably

Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor