Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a comfortmaker furnace. The board clicks to ooen the

Customer Question

I have a comfortmaker furnace. The board clicks to ooen the gas valve and it gets 24 volts when that happens. But the gas valve diesnt open. The something happen with a new valve also
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: I'm sorry I exited by accident I was just speaking to you about the cimfortmaker
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Yes I checked the filters. The ignitor lights up and the gas valve gets 24 volts when ready but neither the old it new valve release gass
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm a havcr technician. This one just has me stumped
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No just that the gas valve new and old get 24 volts but neither open Its a smart valve
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 10 months ago.

My name is Billy. I see your question stumped the panel here.

I just logged on and saw you had not received an answer yet.

I am willing to help you if you still need assistance. Just let me know how the project is and I can help you or close this question for you.

Once again I apologize for the delay.

Billy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I figured out the problem already thank you very much. The prongs in the plug to the gas valve had to be closed up to make contact with the valve.

excellent find.

Thanks for the update. I will send to customer service for you

Billy