Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I live in Chicago ********* My house is equipped with a

Customer Question

HEllo, my name is Randy **** and i live in Chicago ********* My house is equipped with a Viessmann Vitodens 100-w gas fired condensing boiler, and also a Vitocell-V 100 hot water storage tank. We have lost our hot water and the display on the boiler shows (3psi) and a blinking "restart" red light. I'm assuming i need a technician to asses the situation. Any direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: two days, we have no hot water, the radiant heat in the floor is also not working
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it could be an easy fix yes but i doubt it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

3 psi is too low. I can tell you how to add water to the system. It would be much easier if you could give me some pictures of the boiler and surrounding piping. You can post pics here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button.