HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Our model #DVL051 ser#ym2541038 will not ignite. The PLT1210

Customer Question
Hi our model #DVL051 ser#ym2541038...
Hi our model #DVL051 ser#ym2541038 will not ignite. The PLT1210 was replaced 09/12/2012. Could this be the problem again?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
10/26/2016
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, if you can tell me what the PLT210 is, it will save us a lot of time pulling manuals and parts lists,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pilot burner ignition system control smart valve

Thanks, ***** ***** not likely that has part has failed again.

If you have a multi meter and some skills with it, take a close up photo of the units wiring diagram, it needs to be exceedingly well focused, I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'attach files' link to the left of the send button

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm back.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Phil, just used a torch to heat the igniter at the burner, and the switch clicked and the flames started.

The bottom of the wiring diagram is cut off slightly and fades into the distance because the photo was taken at an angle, can you send me a new one?

photo needs to be taken from straight on.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The position of the unit precludes this from being done. I will do my best to facillate.

Thanks, ***** ***** wool or plumbers sand cloth to clean the sparking rod and the flame sensor rod on the pilot lite... bend the metal slightly to close the gap between the longest rod and its metal shroud to 3/16"

Try it again let me know how it goes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Phil, but now that it is running, and my wife is happy, I plan to get the full tank of water to temp, then cut the power, and let the igniter cool. I will then dis assemble and try your suggested fix once I examine the assembly. How to I continue this a later time &/or date?

to get back to me, log onto to JA account and click on this question and start typing OR bookmark this URL

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/02a2daa86c3742e0b920f31f8f32ecaa#

and paste it into your browser,

I am off to bed, I will pick up your response in the morning or whenever you post back to me...I will be notified.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks much, and will post outcome or need. Think I may just replace the part spoken of. Good night.

You are welcome, when you get it fixed please rate my work, its the only way the company pays me for my time, lacking that I work at my own expense.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer