HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Trane XE90 and fan stopped running. We have it on

Customer Question
all of the time, mostly...
I have a Trane XE90 and fan stopped running. We have it on all of the time, mostly. There is no light blinking on the board of the furnace. The digital thermostat is still on, though, while the door button is pushed in.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Larger
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Probably
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The run capacitor for the fan has been newly replaced.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
10/24/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 year ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Can you try to jumper the R to the G thermostat connections at the board in the unit to see if the blower runs?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Gimme a min.

ok no problem just make sure you have the safety switch depressed hen you have the panel off.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Put the 2 wires together. Nothing.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is some buzzing when I move any of the wire bundles to access really anything.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Safety switch is taped down, btw.

You have to jumper out the connections on the board not the wires

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My apologies. I'm in the middle of 3 other projects right now. I know better. 1 sec.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing. No change.

OK does anything light up on the board?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No board lights.

OK check the fuse on the board. There should be a slot fuse on the board.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fuse checks out. It is ok.

OK then check for power to the unit either you lost power to the unit or possibly the board is bad.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm getting 120V and 24V at the transformer. Power is on, power is flowing.

Do you have 24 volts at the board if so do you have a condensate pump?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
24 V on the board. No condensate pump as far as I know. We have recently moved in and this is the first I've had to mess with this HVAC.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could you tell me where it would be connected or what it mat look like? My old HVAC did not have one.

Follow the drain line from the AC coil on the furnace it would go to the pump if you have one

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No pump so it looks. I replaced the board and the fan kicked on right away. I'm getting 6 blinks on the LED and the heat won't turn on.
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer