Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a hydronic coil system where the boiler feeds two

Customer Question

I have a hydronic coil system where the boiler feeds two separate coils in two separate air handlers, one upstairs and one downstairs. The boiler is firing but both are currently blowing cold air. Every year when it comes time to start using the heat in my house it always starts by blowing cold air when it's first used. I end up paying someone to come in and get it started. I think all they do is bleed air from the lines. Is this something that I can learn to do myself?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 12 months ago.

Learn how to bleed properly, you are probably missing something in your procedures.

Every system is different configuration and you need to be familiar with it.