airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Had to replace batteries in thermostat, did so and

Customer Question

Had to replace batteries in thermostat, did so and thermostat is completely blank. It will not show anything. When I turn the fan switch to on from auto it starts. But the heat will not turn on, what is wrong with this and how to correct it?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

What is the brand and model number of your furnace?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Coleman, it 2yrs old.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
364666-B-0409
Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

What is brand and model on thermostat?

Try different batteries and make sure they are installed properly (plus/minus) We will go from here.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Honeywell, ct3200a1001 9403

Did you Try different batteries and make sure they are installed properly (plus/minus) We will go from here.

Try removing batteries and install them backwards for about 10 seconds. Then replace them correctly.Let me know if that works.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Done that bought new ones and thermostat is blank. What do you think the problem is and not continue to drag this out

Sounds like thermostat has taken a spike.If it will not reset by installing backwards for 5 seconds(That is manufacturers instructions) you will have to replace the thermostat