HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My goodman furnace/ac wont start. The heater is not igniting

Customer Question
and the fan wont turn...
my goodman furnace/ac wont start. The heater is not igniting and the fan wont turn on when placed in the on position
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: yes I took them out
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: maybe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no it is about five years old
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/23/2016
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you RATE ANSWER the 5 star rating after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello

You need to go to the furnace and look through the round sight glass in the bottom panel and look for a flashing light, if there is one, count the number of flashes between pauses

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is none
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is no light flashing
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello are you there

Please be patient, I deal with more than one cust at the time.

No led light usually mean no power to unit.

Take bottom door out and locate the led light on the electronic board, notice there is a door switch when you removed the door, press it in to see if led turn on, sometimes door does not sit in enough to close switch, if still no lights then make sure breaker and furnace switch on the wall are on.

there is also a fuse on the control board that might be burnt out.

How it going?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry had to go out. LE.D light is on.

It would have been nice of you to tell me that you were leaving conversation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry. I told your person on the phone who told me just to leave.

Really??????

OK, need exact model number of furnace

With door panel re installed can you now see the light?

With t-stat calling for heat does furnace go on?

If not ...after failure to start can you see if that light flashes, if yes how many times between pauses?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MOdel Number is *****Sorry---LED is not on

Please tell me if you have done aqll this

By the way model number you gave me is not the furnace model, it is a the air conditioning coil, take model off furnace, usually found inside door panel of FURNACE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Breaker is on; switch is on. I pulled breaker---can't tell if it is burnt out or not.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fuse is 3 Amps

Yes

Pull fuse out, If it is burnt there will be a black spot in the middle inside,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pulled fuse. Looks ok---no black spot

Ok at this point you will need a volt meter to confirm if there is 120Volts getting to furnace,

Do you have that tool and knowledge to proceed any further?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to get one. I will in the morning. Be back after 9 am
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Earlier I switched to cool. heard the coil start but blower did not
Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician