HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

We reinstalled the remote on the side of the Fire Genie

Customer Question
beuase ours was bad....
We reinstalled the remote on the side of the Fire Genie beuase ours was bad. We can operate the fire genie by turning on the flame from the unit. It will not go on using the hand held remote. It ays it is lit, but it isn't. We have changed all batteries an programmed the hand held again to Auto mode. Not flame
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: what do you mean double check the thermostat? inside the main uit? And what filters?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, my husband rinstalled the remote unit.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no He just switeched the wires to the remote unit thinking we ha it wired wrong
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/23/2016
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you RATE ANSWER the 5 star rating after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We will type
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Waiting for him to tupe
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Waiting for online conversation

Can you give me make and model of new remote kit

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's the Regency remote control advanced fire Jeannie. The number is *****–399

Have you followed setup procedures in the instructions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we have

stand by

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?

I am dealing with 4 cust at the same time...

Most common problem in remote setup is MATCHING REMOTE CONTROL & RECEIVER ID CODE.

Do you think you were successful in doing that most important part of setup sequence?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We were not told of any ID code. I installed the batteries for the new handheld remote that came with the remote attached to the fire Jeannie. Then I programmed the remote the same way I did the old one. Where would there have been an ID code?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just found in the directions how to match the remote control and receiver ID code to make sure that they are compatible. I will try it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, I found the area in the book that says matching the remote control and receiver ID code, I've done it twice and nothing.

Is the receiver set to remote?

The control box will only learn the Remote ID codes during the first 30 seconds after power is applied and will ignore this special command from the Remote after the first 30 seconds.

How is it going?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I apologize, I had to leave for half an hour pick up my mom at the nursing home. I am back now but I did not touch it since the last two times I tried. The receiver box that you call it that is attached to the main unit is in the remote position I followed all the instructions I'm holding down the program in the preset buttons at the same time in front of it with the LC appearing in the screen for 20 seconds the flame did not go on. I then waited one minute and redid it. No flame. One question, the handheld remote is that supposed to be in the on or off position? I have it turned off when I'm trying to link the codes.

Please read CAREFULLY I think you are missing one off the details to be successful

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, the remote unit that's attached to the fireplace is in the remote position I am right in front of the remote with the handheld remote pushing down the program and preset button at the same time. I am holding it for the 20 seconds. Nothing. Waited one minute. Read did the same steps. Nothing. What am I missing? But you didn't answer my question. Does the handheld remote need to be in the on position to do this?

The instructions do not specify clearly if it need to be on or off, Try both ways

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. that was my next step! Will get back to you.

It has happened in the past where remote just did not work and had to get another one.

By the way, did you change both remote and receiver in the fire place?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the company we bought the receiver from gave us the whole kit with a new remote that goes with it. I do however have the old remote.

OK and is the gas valve knob set to ON with pilot lit up.

Well, punching out for now..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the gas valve is on because we can turn the heating unit on manually to warm the room. It just won't work with the remote.

Like I said before,

Best regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

Dont forget to rate my assistance please

Customer/p>

Hello?

Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician