BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

BillyHvac. I have a Waterfurnace E Series. The red fault

Customer Question

Hi BillyHvac. I have a Waterfurnace E Series. The red fault light labeled "Air Flow" is lit up. When the furnace starts, the blower spins a few seconds for a few times and then stops. After that the fault light comes on. Any suggestions about how to diagnose and repair?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When the fan motor starts it seems to "studder" - spinning both forward and backward. It mostly spins forward, but will reverse itself.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. I am looking over your question now and will respond shortly.

99% chance that you have a bad module on the rear of the motor.

This module can be replaced with the correct part.

You can remove the module from the rear of the motor and inspect...but I can tell you from experience that 99 out of 100 is the module.

Billy