HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Working on a Rheem hot water tank which is giving me a code

Customer Question
of vapor sencor. replaced senser...
working on a Rheem hot water tank which is giving me a code of vapor sencor. replaced senser. still giving same code. ordered a new gas valve from wholesaler and still waiting 2 weeks and part is not in yet. can I bypass the sencer code to allow this heater to work. there is nothing in basement which cause this alarm. my client is getting very fruastrated and just wants heater replaced. the model # is PRO+G40S-36N CN67 PV. serial # is Q421412837.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
10/21/2016
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 1 year ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. I am looking over your question now and will respond shortly.

have you tried the reset yet?

Shut off water heater for ten seconds 2. Turn on water heater and within 10 seconds press and hold both of the adjustment arrows at the same time until the green light blinks. Take finger off arrows. 3. Enter this sequence with the left/right arrows: L, R, L, L, R, L, R, R.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No because I could not find those instructions in the trouble shooting manual.

They did not put them in manual...why I will never know.

Now if it becomes an issue with multiple resets then I would replace the assembly.

When can you try this code?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not near the heater at this time. Will not be there until tomorrow. The client has asked me to replace the tank. I will be getting one in the morning and take it to the building because it is a hour drive. I am located in fort mcmurray alberta canada. I will try your your suggestions at that time.

I understand.

I really wish you the best on the project.

If you have any follow questions just reply back here.

Billy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. Hope this works.

so a response is not forced from me by the system...either keep this on your side without responding, or rate the service at top of page.

The system is set up that if you respond without rating it forces me to reply.

BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech