How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 6022
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

48C1402e package gas/electric, changed a failed control

Customer Question

48C1402e package gas/electric, changed a failed control board & flame sensor, still trips out, have elimintated all of the limits, air diaphram switches, gas pressure, voltages, compartment that houses the control board gets really hot from the interior heat.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: about a week, when you put the burner compartment & control panel cover on, then it trips out withini a few minutes, i think the board is getting over heated
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i yes i am an hvac tech
JA: Are you an HVAC professional?
Customer: i have ben called that before!!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: have you heard of any problems with this unit related to control boards overheating
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 9 months ago.

Do you have a thermometer you can check the actual temp inside heat chamber?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
have stat but not on site now, combustion blower & wheel good, TR is 80, 75 max but this is the case for most,
Expert:  airheatman replied 9 months ago.

1. I am not finding a manual on just 48C. Is there another letter in model?

2. Does blower seem to be moving sufficient air through ducts?

3.Can you access the heat exchanger to examine for crack or hole?