HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Calculated sensible load 46685, latent load 4332. Building a

Customer Question
Calculated sensible load 46685, latent...
Calculated sensible load 46685, latent load 4332. Building a new house. HVAC folks insist on using SHR of .70 (the default value in their WrightSoft software tool) and they refuse to look up the performance data from the carrier spec sheet. I am trying to use the spec sheet myself (I'm a mechanical engineer, and read spec sheets all the time) but could use some help understanding it.Wet bulb is 63 (75degF @ 50% RH). I understand how to use that when looking at the spec sheet. But...Specifically, there are 5 columns labeled "saturated temp leaving evaporator" at the top. Which colum should I use? Or shold
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
10/18/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you provide a link to the manual you are referring to the 5 columns?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here you go...
See page 5.
This is the spec sheet for the coil.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh... the coil in question is CAPMP6024ALA
The furnace is 59MN7A120V24-22
The outside unit is 25VNA860A003All high end stuff

I am not sure I am understanding what your question is. What are you trying to figure out?

The saturated temperature leaving the coil is going to vary depending on load.That will not be a constant

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To size the system, SHR from that spec sheet must be derived. To derive the SHR for sizing, would you not pick a column? Understand that the temp leaving the coil will vary depending on the load. But which column represents the worst case load for the cooling case? Or, since it varies, would you pick the middle column while understanding that the temp leaving the coil is not a constant? What do HVAC guys do when determining SHR for sizing from this spec sheet?Thanks...

have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk and delay getting assistance..Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.

If no expert can help and you are unsatisfied, we can request a refund of your deposit

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer