Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

For two mornings in a row I woke up and the display on my

Customer Question

For two mornings in a row I woke up and the display on my gree had an "H7" display. I looked in my manual and it appeared that meant my unit was having a problem with communication between the outside compressor and inside air handler on my Gree. I pulled the breaker and tightened all the electrical connections inside and out. It seems to be working okay now. However, my neighbot, who also has a Gree had the same problem. Is there something I should check or know about concerning the H7 warning?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters? Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I looked at my filters and had cleaned them last month. They looked quite clean but I have never taken out the small green filter and specifically cleaned it. How do I double check the thermostat's settings?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I also downloaded a Gree manual that was 136 pages..quite technical but full of information.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 10 months ago.

Hello, you did the exact right thing. As these systems age the many pin connections etc can develop a coat of oxide on them and this results in that error code.

If the problem persists, turn off all power to both units then access their printed circuit cards and replug all of the connectors.

When you have what you need from me it will be time to locate the 'finish and rate' link and click on it...that is the only way the company pays me for my time, lacking that I work at my own expense.

Thanks!