HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My question is. I have a Burnham hot-water boiler that had a

triple aquastat-relay type L8124A,C L8151A...
My question is. I have a Burnham hot-water boiler that had a triple aquastat-relay type L8124A,C L8151A that quit working. We replaced it with L8124A,C,E,L and M Aquastat Relay. Is there a way to run a hot boiler with High-limit controlling it and the thermostat control the circulator?
10/13/2016
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I'm not quite sure about what you're asking. On the L8124 the Lo limit maintains boiler water temp for domestic hot water (DHW) via a coil in the boiler. The Hi limit is for the space heating function. When the thermostat calls for heat the pump turns on and the burner runs off the Hi limit.

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Phone call session started
Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor