Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Billy I have an old Holly floor furnace it was working fine

Customer Question

Hi Billy I have an old Holly floor furnace it was working fine until our gas got shut off. Now that it's back on the gas man came and lit the pilot which stays lit but when I turn up the thermostat I can hear the solenoid click but there is no ignition. What can be wrong? There is only two wires that run the unit from the thermostat.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Most floor furnaces are millivolt so your 11 volt reading is odd. You could have a 24 volt furnace. We can tell by the type of flame sensor you have in the pilot flame. Does it have a heavy bare copper wire connected to the gas control valve or does it have a small shielded cable with 2 wires connected to the gas valve?