HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My air temp furnace is flashing red and and not staying lit

Customer Question

My air temp furnace is flashing red and green and not staying lit what do I do
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

On the backside of the panel you should see an error code list to match up the flash patter do you see that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is the alternating flashing

OK that is on a lockout, try to shut the power off to the unit for 10 secs and start it back up see if the flame comes on for a bit or not.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It still doing it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Flames come on but blow out

OK you have a dirty flame sensor, clean that off with some fine sand paper and you should be good to go!

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is still doing the same thing

OK then you either have a bad flame sensor or the board is defective and not seeing the flame sensor. If you have a meter you can check the sensor. Here is a video to assist in checking the flame sensor to determine if that is bad or the board is bad.

CLICK HERE