HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I need help for code sop 004.01, yes, no

Customer Question
good morning Wilson JA: I'll do...
good morning Wilson
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I need help for code sop 004.01
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/9/2016
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I need the brand of equipment, type (portable AC, or central system etc)...and model number.

Is there a sticker on the unit that gives you the narrative on what that code means? If so I need that too.

Meantime a brief note about error codes: They are very very useful about 30% of the time, the rest of the time they can be entirely bogus (bad printed circuit boards put out bogus error codes) or just not useful. With that in mind can you tell me what the system is doing or not doing and a lot about your technical skill sets so that I can coach you most effectively.

We can go from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Trane
Out door is 4ttv0060a1000ac
In door is tuhmdl20acv5vbb
Err message
Sop 004.01

Thanks, ***** ***** a trane comfort link electronic thermostat /communications error... nothing that any home owner can handle by themselves...it is time to call the Trane dealer who installed it... let me know if you need help finding the dealers information. We can go from there.

http://www.nexiahome.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/950-User-Setup-Guide.pdf

29

I will park this link here for future reference. We can go from here without any time limit.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer