HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Trying to trouble shoot my furnace its a lennox SP745 act

Customer Question
like its wants to start...
trying to trouble shoot my furnace its a lennox SP745 act like its wants to start but doesnt
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: dont know where they are
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on what i find out
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that i can think of
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/8/2016
HVAC Technician: HvacmanSean, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
HvacmanSean
HvacmanSean, HVAC Technician

good evenin, Are you on currently?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, that model number SP745 you gave is from one of the parts inside the furnace (the ignition controller)... it is not the furnace model number that is on a sticker or metal plate mounted in the same large compartment as the gas valve as a rule.

Tell me a lot about you your technical skills background and so that I can coach you most effectively.... if you need in depth coaching and have the needed skills use the 'attach files' link to the left of your send button to attach a well lit, exceedingly well focused photo of the furnace wiring diagram that is glued to the inside of the blower service door.

We can go from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing comes on I hear a humm like furnace wants to start but can't also the damper door opens but blower motor does not come on

This will be a complex diagnosis and repair, and since it is a gas fired furnace with multiple built in hazards I will look in your local area for a well rated furnace repair outfit or two.. For that I need to know which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city.

Without some furnace related skills this is nothing you should be trying to fix yourself (the college course on this range of technologies is 2 years full time).

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer