BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Trane xv90 with a analog thermostat I want to replace with a

Customer Question

Trane xv90 with a analog thermostat I want to replace with a programmable model with WiFi. The wiring is 18/5. W1= White, W2= Blue, G = Green, R = Red and Y = Yellow. I am going to replace the 18/5 with 18/7 to gain a common wire. The furnace end has W1 = White, W2 = Blue, G = Green, R = Red and Y = Yellow with an additional Red from the air conditioner. Another wire from the Air conditioner is Brown at the B terminal. There is no C or B/C terminal on the furnace. Doe's the extra common wire from the thermostat go to the B terminal?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. I am looking over your question now and will respond shortly.

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I really apologize for the delay. I just signed on and saw you had not been helped yet. Are you ready to proceed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Goodbye
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

The terminal B in a furnace is the same as C or common...just mount C wire where the ac wire is on B terminal.

All newer equipment will have C or Com