Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My unit is having serious issues that we don't seem to know

Customer Question

My Amanda unit is having serious issues that we don't seem to know how to fix.
Repair came in, said that board must be changed and my unit is very sophisticated (3year old unit) so they have to order it. Then, all of the sudden unit started working and he left with $171 check one week ago and now I have this problem again,
The problem:
Until stops working (blowing cold air) suddenly. Then, I try to turn it off, wait, turn it back on and lower the temperature and the unit seems to start working, BUT, then stops again and nothing happens,
Please tell me what to do, PLEASE!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

First of all your unit should still be under warranty if installed by a licensed contractor.If you can provide your last name, zip code and serial number I will verify for you.

It sounds like board may be going out.Sporadic operating is normal for a failing board.