Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

This is very helpful to be able to ask a question. We are

Customer Question

Hello, This is very helpful to be able to ask a question. We are looking to purchase a GSX16030361 for a 16 sq ft house in south florida. does that sound like a good match and because the house is .5 miles from the beach is there something you suggest to help reduce possibility of corrosion form the salt air?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: We have had someone over to look a the old system which is a 10 year old trans and one of the 2 condensers has quit working and they think it is matter of time before the other one goes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No we have an hvac company that will do everything. they suggested the above as an option and also a couple of trane options
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 9 months ago.

Hello, are the aluminum fins on the existing condensing unit starting to crumble?

If so you will need a new condensing unit with a corrosion resistant condenser coil.... the cheap way that is done is done a factory applied epoxy coating, which will probably work to extend the life of the new unit to 15 years... there are more expensive options, such as copper tube, copper fin coils probably not warranted in this case.

That model number you gave is not computing, can you double check it for me and tell me if it is a Goodman brand or not, then read the specifications in the sales brochure and tell me if it says corrosion resistant coil or coastal treated coil or not,

We can go from there. Please hold your rating until you have the full and complete answer you need. Thanks.