HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

We have a lennox furnace that we turned on for the first

Customer Question
time this season. It is...
We have a lennox furnace that we turned on for the first time this season. It is two years old. It says it is heating and air is blowing, but it is cold. Any suggestions?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes, the settings are good and my husband checked the filter. Could a dirty filter cause the air not to heat? We are getting lots of air; just cold.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if it is an easy fix. I don't want to call someone out if I don't have too.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
10/1/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

A dirty filter could cause the unit to run too hot which could shut the burners down but the blower would continue to blow (cold air). Replacing the filter and restarting the furnace may be all that's needed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is very dirty. Can we try to clean it for now just to see if that's the problem and then go get a new filter
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We are going to get a new filter and will try to install it in a couple hours.

You really should get a new filter. Cleaning it usually doesn't work unless it's a re-usable filter.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We got the new filter but the air is still blowing cold. It has an error code E200 A112
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My husband is in the garage now. He just told me that the error code was on before I got a new filter.

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, use the 'attach files' link to the left of your send button to send me a close up, *exceedingly will focused photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower compartment cover.

I will point out the high temperature cut off switches, it is likely that one of them has tripped causing the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It won't let me attach a file, but the error code blinks E200 A 1122

Hello again, look for a paper clip icon at the right end of your tool bar and see if you can attach a file that way.

regarding the error codes in generally they are dead accurate less than 20% of the time in my experience, the other 80% of the time they are not as useful, about 50% of the time the error code itself is bogus....relying on the error codes from a distance as I am here most often results in a wild goose chase. There are more effective approaches.

See if you can get the wiring diagram photo to me that has been the most effective coaching tactic.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer