HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I just bought a new Maytag. I have power up to the

Customer Question
I just bought a new...
I just bought a new Maytag. I have power up to the dishwasher but when connect the wire I keep blowing the breaker?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Just installed new
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I n
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it is a 3 wire? I called my friend he is an EE and a Master Electrian> I'm only an Environmental Engineer but v can follow direction have we missed somthing
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
9/30/2016
HVAC Technician: Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today. What is the model number of your unit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
MDB4949SDM3
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
24 dollars is crazy to call. This is a new unit. Do they have electric problems with this unit or am I missing something
that is not in the startup book
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why did you switch to my phone text?

I am sorry? I did not send in to offer a phone call the site sometimes offers that but I did not send it in so you have not been charged for a phone call.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the electrical requirements it is a replacement
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please don't text

I am not texing I am replying via this thread.

I sent over an offer for the service manual which has all the electrical hook up diagrams on it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The thread is on my phone and not the computer

it must be because you are logged in on your phone or set the account up via your phone number. I am not sure how to get that changed other than calling customer service here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is okay but it is new and a replacement? I have the requirement it just keep blowing the breaker when the dishwasher is hooked up is there a reset or do they have problems. I have power up to the dishwasher

There are no known problems. I am not sure what your previous model was but typically they all run off the same voltage so its a possibility the problem is in your breaker box and not your dishwasher since its new.

Working with a breaker box is not an easy thing so you may want your friend to come over and make sure the breakers are ok.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll figure it out it is not the breaker>>

Ok so when you were installing the unit did you have to change wiring or did you take the dishwasher out of the package and install and plug up?

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic