How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 6022
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a H3-502B indoor boiler. There is a 1/4'' connection

Customer Question

we have a H3-502B indoor boiler. There is a 1/4'' connection on one end with a note that says to vent to the outside. What is this vent from?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Boiler is new. could not find any info in the install manual
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We are a mechanical contractor. I have not been to the site. My technician says there is no tubing connected to the fitting on the inside of the boiler. I am trying to find information on what it would be used for. I believe that these boilers have a low gas pressure switch and maybe a blocked vent valve. IRI
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We have three of the model H3-502B and four of the model H3-752B
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 10 months ago.

Hello, is this what you have?

It will help if you can send me a few photo's... the model details change over the years. Use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar, or the attach files link to the left of your send button for that, thanks.

We can go from there.