How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 6022
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to replace my transfomer Carrier weathermaker 9200, 2

Customer Question

I need to replace my transfomer Carrier weathermaker 9200
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 2 weeks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I am a electrician/engineer
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I measured AC power going in and nothing coming out
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Exactly what do you need to know? You should be able to purchase a standrad120/24 volt 40 va transformer at a local appliance parts store for less than 20 bucks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is it located inside the unit?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Usually in burner compartment. Look jus above burners and you will see a label on inside right or left panel with a model number.It will be something like 58GCS080 or similar.The 9200 is just a series With model I can help you locate exact location.