HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a 72 gal Rheem hot water heater placed in service in

Customer Question
a new home in late...
I have a 72 gal Rheem hot water heater placed in service in a new home in late November, 2011. I should have asked this question then, but didn't. The control is set at "A" which heats the water to our comfort level, when it is working. The problem is, the water from the faucet is intermittingly hot to warm. This is usually ok in the summer, but in the winter, showers are too cold to be able to stand. I know, as I said, I should have looked into this 4 3/4 years ago, but better late than never. Elmer Neel,(###) ###-####***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

What is the model on the heater?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model 42V75F, Serial RHLN1011102058, Manufactured 10/2011

OK the A on your water heater represents an approx. water temp of 130 degrees.During the ,months you want warmer water, turn the dial one reference mark for every 10 degrees you want warmer. Keep in mind two things.

1.Above 130 a serous burn can occur rather quickly. See chart below.

2.Try to avoid short frequent water draws.A condition known as “stacking” or “layering” can occur when a series of short and frequent hot water draws are taken. The hottest temperature water will be at the top of the tank, closest to the outlet pipe delivering hot water to the home. Stacking can cause this top layer of water to be hotter than the water toward the bottom of the tank n

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My situation was not addressed at all. He said the A setting was for 130 degree water, so turn the heat up for winter. It is now summer, but the 130 mark is met only at certain times during the day, summer or winter, and not otherwise. Some days a shower may be possible at 6:00 AM on Tuesday but not at 6:00 AM on Wednesday. On those same days, it may be only warm at one time, 130 two hours later and only warm again two hours after that. The temperature level varies daily throughout the year. This is at all faucets and showers, nine in all, throughout the house.

Your original statement said "This is usually ok in the summer, but in the winter, showers are too cold to be able to stand"

I will open to other experts who may be able to assist.

I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk and delay getting assistance..Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.

If no expert can help and you are unsatisfied, we can request a refund of your deposit

HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Do you still need help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My question was not answered and I was charged $5 on 9/21 & $32 on 9/24. I was not satisfied as the "airheatman" admitted he couldn't answer and referred to "Rick" who's only reply was "do you still need help?" He already knew the question, so at that point I didn't understand how to reply without automatically incurring a $24 fee (which was $32), and I was not convinced I would get the answer I needed, so I just decided to cut my losses. Please refund all charges. Elmer Neel

There are no additional charges for you to respond to my inquiry. I was only trying to determine if you still wanted help. I can still help if you like otherwise contact customer service at
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

If you want a refund

Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor