HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Trying to find where the filter is located on the inside

Customer Question
unit so it can be...
Trying to find where the filter is located on the inside unit so it can be replaced
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: Outside unit has been replaced. Technician recommended we replace the filter on the basement duct but cannot find where it is located
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. Just trying to find where the filter is located
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
9/17/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

OK most contractors have started installing a grille with a filter in it rather than inside of the unit, so you may not have one in actual unit.

Can you give me model on the indoor unit so I can tell you where filter would be if you have one. Also pictures of furnace and duct might help e point it out for you.

If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or

You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .

Here is a link to the site.

http://tinypic.com/

Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.

They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW

You will see your picture on right side of screen.

Then copy the link URL for email & IM

Paste that link here on the site.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer