Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have an E1 38 message on my honeywell thermostat model

Customer Question

I have an E1 38 message on my honeywell thermostat model TH6320R1004
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: It was working fine, then I came home yesterday and Had a message that said Wireless Setup, I pushed to connnect and got the error E1 38
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, but I am at work and my unit is at home. I was hoping you could suggest something I could try when I get home.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed the batteries already.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Ok so what you are going to need to do is reset it Reset is in installer setup 90 option 1 resets system on page 7 of this manual. Let me know what happens.

https://www.aartech.ca/related/TH6320-installation-manual.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If tried holding both <> buttons down and I'm never prompted to enter a functi n number. Nothing happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I be directly in front of the unit?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Move away from EIM and retry at least 6 feet away.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing. Stuck on E1 38
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Go into system test system status and see if the radio strength is above 5.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Also keep in mind it can take a few tries of trying but I have dealt with this before many times and sometimes you just have to give it a few minutes and try again but this is how its done I promise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But only options I have is Wireless Setup, and connect. If I push connect, the E1 38 message appears. That's all it will do.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

After installing a new EIM or zone panel, you must re-set the thermostat to

communicate with the new equipment, as described below:

1 Press and hold the thermostat

2 Press

twice to display Function 39 (wireless setup).

BACK

3 Press

to change Function 39 setting to 0 (disconnect from system).

4 Follow the procedures on page 2 to relink to system.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

This is directly from the manual lets try it again OK. Please don't get frustrated I know how frustrating this can be but we will get through this together.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

https://forwardthinking.honeywell.com/related_links/wireless/zoning/install/69_2090efs.pdf

Page 4 is the information on this matter.

I certainly hope that this fixes your issue and you don't have to deal with it any longer. If it does work all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. If it does not I am here to continue assisting you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried the info I sent yet? Just wanting to know how it worked out.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Just wanted to check in with you before I head out for the evening if any of the information I have provided was able to help. If not please do not rate negatively I can opt out and see if anyone else has any other ideas to be able to assist.

If it did work I am happy to hear that and all I ask is to please rate with 5 stars at the top so I will be credited for my time. Just let me know how it went and we will go from there.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hey just wanted to follow up with you and see how it went since I didn't hear back from you. I was wondering if my instructions had worked or not. If not please do not rate negatively I can opt out and see if anyone else has any ideas.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

I was wondering how its going?