Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

I have a Trane ComfortLink II with an Error 18 message - was

Customer Question

Good morning, I have a Trane ComfortLink II with an Error 18 message - was working fine yesterday. Woke up to the message.
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: unsure how old - we just bought this house a month ago. Inspection was great. No messages before this. We haven't had the system turned on in the last week or so
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it is something simple yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no not that i can think of
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 10 months ago.

OK. That is first thing manual says to try. You will have to have service tech check system. Not customer friendly. Problem description is 24 volts not sensed at Y1 input of J1 connection on outdoor control board. Possible causes are Faulty Y1 connection on outdoor control board. Intermittent breaks in high voltage to outdoor unit. Check to see if you have a float switch tripped. Sometimes the installer will break Y1 to shut down outside unit incase of drain line stopping up.

Expert:  Gaztech replied 10 months ago.

Please rate my answer if we are done, this way I can be credited for assisting you.

Best regards

Customer/p>