airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I'm changing control board Lennox 56L8301 to Lennox 83M00. I

Customer Question

I'm changing control board Lennox 56L8301 to Lennox 83M00. I have four wires remaining;
From the 56L8301 board, a black wire connected to VAC TX (e10)
Also from the old board green/yellow sliced joined with another green wire, but not connected the original board
I'm not certain where to connect these remaining wires.
On the new board 83M00 there are the three loose wires (blue, yellow and green) coming off the 12 pin connector
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Do you have a picture of what you are seeing that you could upload?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The green and yellow wire from the old board (56L8301)are connected to a box in the background of the photo. The separate yellow and green wires are from the new board (83M00) wired to the 12pin connector.

Where did they go to the old board what terminals?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not recall, maybe 24 Vac rtn (e19)or 24 Vac hot (e9)

Can you send me a pic of the wiring diagram on the unit I should be able to guide you from that

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
New board 83M00

The Yellow with green go to the 24 VAC RTN and the Blue goes to 24 volt Hot.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The black wire from the old board connected @ terminal e10 VAC TX. There are a VAC RTN or 24 volt hot.

The Yellow with green goes to the RTN and the Blue should go to 24 volt hot

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The VAC and 24 Volt Hot does not exist on the new board.

Did it not come with a harness to connect them to the wire harness?

Expert:  airheatman replied 10 months ago.

This is very simple.Not sure why previous expert is having such a hard time with this. The new board should have a safety with it. The blue wire will go to that safety. (You can actually leave existing safety if you choose)Your blue transformer wire will go to other side of the safety. Your transformer also has a yellow wire.That will plug into the yellow you are referring to.The green you are referring to will go to the metal casing terminal built in.

Watch the video below.This explained between 12:21 and 15:09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye0R8efmrS8

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.