HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My thermostat is dead. Do I need to replace it? I think just

Customer Question
my thermostat is dead. Do...
my thermostat is dead. Do I need to replace it?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I think just the thermostat. We just had the AC serviced and it was fine, but the thermostat is blank
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know. It depends on what I need to do.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The breakers are all fine and the batteries In the back are new
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
8/31/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If thermostat was working and now blank this is probably something simple/Lets make sure furnace door is in place if your furnace is gas. Next give me model on the indoor furnace or air handler if that is not the problem .

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer