HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have an airtherm fan coil unit that either has hot or cold

Customer Question
water fed to it. The...
I have an airtherm fan coil unit that either has hot or cold water fed to it. The thermostat is attached to the unit and the temperature sensor is a big copper looking bulb with a long copper wire attaching it to the fan speed temperature dial. If you turn dial cooler unit goes on, it will not shut off unless you turn dial warmer. It will not turn on and off itself. The airtherm is 20+ years old, an 081-1L, it says...why won't it turn on and off itself?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can sent pictures of sensor bulb, inside unit, as needed....need to find a replacement thermostat for unit, one fan is .04hp, second is .06hp, .56/.7 amps each. the tiny metal box that the sensor copper line feed into says, TF03038?
8/30/2016
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

hi i am dan i can help you with this. is the thermostat you mentioned on the boiler water line or the chilled water line. is there chilled water flowing through the coil and the fan is just not running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The thermostat metal box is attached to the fan box, it is a fan coil unit in a co-op, either hot or cold water is pumper thru out the building. All the thermostat controller does is let you select fan speed, and control room temperature by turning the fan on and off. If you send me an email address I can send pictures.

there should be a control valve that turns the chilled water flow through the coil. we first need to make sure that valve is opening and chilled water is flowing through the coil. if you take a picture you can attach them here by suing the attach file button on your screen like in an email.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was my impression I do not ger charged the balance until I get a usable answer

i do not handle any billing or payment questions. you can ask questions about that to customer support but there is a deposit but it is not finalized until you rate my service at the end when we are done

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
chilled or hot water flows continuously thru out building, to get hot or cold air the fan, controlled by thermostat goes on and off

yes i realize that but there should be a control valve that opens the chilled water on a call for cooling and for heating. is it a 2 pipe or 4 pipe system you have. the thermostat you mentioned is most likely for the heat so the fan does not come on until the coil is hot.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Status please?
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer