Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Two year old Danby Premiere dehumidifier used in basement

Customer Question

Two year old Danby Premiere dehumidifier used in basement run in summer months was working great until 4 days ago. It is emptied daily. The filter has been cleaned. It suddenly stopped pulling any moisture from the air but runs and sounds as it always has.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Are you getting any error codes on the display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The site will not accept my login info but has accepted my credit card information, It is valid and accepted. Keeps denying me login.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Sorry you are having issues with the site. If you are getting an error code, that will tell us where to start troubleshooting.If no, it is very possible that you may have a weak capacitor or something and compressor is not coming on.These compressors are very quiet and you have to listen close to hear it. Do you have a multi meter for troubleshooting and can you do some hands on like dismantleing the unit and troubleshooting components?