How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Plourde Your Own Question
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 327
Experience:  hvac technichian at performance plumbing and heating
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Daniel Plourde is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Simple Comfort 3201 thermostat control and I have

Customer Question

I have a Simple Comfort 3201 thermostat control and I have to jamb a folded piece of thick paper between the cover and the system switch in order to get it to work. Might there be a simple fix for this or do I need to replace the control? If I need to replace the control is there one which would be a straight swap as the SC3201 seems to be no longer available?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: specific to the thermostat
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible, but not set in stone!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

hi i am dan i can help you with this. first it is not worth it to even try to repair the thermostat as they are not very expensive and there is no permanent fix for it. thermostats are fairly universal parts. since you have a heat pump any heat pump thermostat will work you can find one that is roughly the same size or bigger so you dont have to worry about painting the wall from the spot left by the old one.

Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

did that answer your question or did you have any further questions about it?