HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Trying to diagnose a leak on Friedrich wall unit.. Model

Customer Question
MW12YIE JA: Did you double-check the...
Trying to diagnose a leak on Friedrich wall unit.. Model MW12YIE
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: Yes, and cleaned all filters. Seems to be condensation, maybe a blocked drain but I can't access the drain.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible, but I'm no expert.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just need to know how to get to drain. Can't find anything on Friedrich site.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
8/23/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 year ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Can you put a tap valve on the unit and do you have freon gauges?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer