HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a older white -rodgers thermostat 1F92W-71, it won't…

I have a older...

I have a older white -rodgers thermostat 1F92W-71, it won't stop beeping erraticly

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I think it's thermostat, it was on cool then all at once it started flashing from cool to heat to hold and repeating the T' was also flashing

Contractor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?

No error codes beeping every few seconds back light going on and off. I got the system to go to off and it's still doing all the above

Contractor's Assistant: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Nothing happened it just started 30 min ago. I freaked out so I just shut the unit off. the breaker was not thrown

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the HVAC tech to know before I connect you?

The temperature # was jumping up and down also, ty

8/22/2016
HvacmanSean
HvacmanSean, HVAC Technician
Good evening, are you on currently?
I'm one of the experts here and want to thank you for using just answers. I am still active in the field and sometimes there is a delay for me to respond, also please remember after you get the answer or when your satisfied please rate me using stars up top this is the only.way I get paid for my time here.Now back to your question, have you pulled the thermostat off the wall ? If you can usually it either pops off or there is 2 screws.Once off this model I believe has 2 AA batteries, try and swap them and let me know what happens.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Good evening, I actually threw the breaker because I was not sure what else to do. Do you want me to turn it back on and put batteries in or put batteries in and then turn back on? June
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I put in battery (9V) turned it on. Now it flashes between hold and heat; the reading of Temp for the room is flashing 70,64, 74 degrees keeps changing. I can not change the system button to off or cool.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I shut back off the breaker, going to bed its almost 1:30am here, I'll check your response in am. ty
we have 2 problems one being a temperature sensor and other being not allowing the fuctions to change, this is leading me to believe board failed on the thermostat, the thermostat will need to be replaced. Sorry for the bad news
Did we resolve this ?
HvacmanSean
HvacmanSean, HVAC Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I called a HVAC tech and he came changed the thermostat.