Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Philco16 year old unit and the blower on the side

Customer Question

i have a Philco16 year old unit and the blower on the side of the house (the cooling unit is in the attic) wont start, it is getting hot to the touch. A repair man was able to "reset" or restart it last week but he is not available. I don't see any switch or reset button on the unit ....any idea where it is?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tech was able to restart our unit without entering our house or garage. He did it from the outside, hope this helps....
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the model on outdoor unit And tell me exactly what is happening when you call for ac

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
S3BA 030KA 2.5 tonne
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK the S3BA does not have a reset of such. Possibly was a tripped breaker or something. Do you have a volt meter for troubleshooting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not really, i could buy one. Can you imagine how he could have restarted it without getting in our house:?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

MOst likely was a tripped breaker or disconnect beside unit