How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 6022
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

AC/Furnace fan runs continuously, even when thermostat has

Customer Question

For Phil: AC/Furnace fan runs continuously, even when thermostat has everything set to OFF. Trane XB80 Furnace + AC, Honeywell FocusPRO TH6320WF Thermostat. only way to stop is by wall switch or breaker.Brand: Trane
Type of HVAC: Air ConditionerAlready Tried:
Reset breaker, reset thermostat, reset air circulation blower timer
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello, it is generally the units printed circuit board that is bad causing the problem (80% chance, 20% chance the problem is in the thermostat or the furnaces high limit control (2%)

Tell me a lot about your technical skills with electronics and controls circuits and if you have a multi meter or not so that I can coach you most effectively.

Or.. if none of that is in your skills sets range, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I see how many well rated service outfits that are in your area.

Related HVAC Questions