HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a York stellar plus heat n air conditioner....I've

Customer Question
changed filter also blew out...
I have a York stellar plus heat n air conditioner....I've changed filter also blew out and washed condenser...it blows cold air but doesn't keep up..I was maybe thinking the evaporator may be plugged up
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: The unit only has one filter n it is new n yes did double check thermostat settings
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Was thinking about it depending on how hard it was to get to the evaporator. ...had a technician come out today but he didn't fix it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't believe so
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
8/3/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Your unit may be doing all t can just due to age is not keeping up.

1.What did onsite tech say?

2.Is air flow as strong as it normally is?

3.Is the large copper line cold and sweating between units?

4.Do you have a thermometer to check difference in return and supply air?

5.Do you have access to Freon gauges so we can check operating pressures?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer