Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am a renter and have a heating/air system in this house -

Customer Question

I am a renter and have a heating/air system in this house - not air conditioning, just air. Anyway the thermostat is a Totaline, very simple thermostat. It does not turn on. It did when I moved in. I turned it off because I went away for a few days, came back and now nothing. My landlord emailed me a manual, which I followed for both the air and heat and nothing helped. I have now replaced the batteries in the thermostat and nothing. Please help. Will you please give me your 800 # so I can follow any instructions to fix. Thank you. Oh yes, it does tell you the temperature!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

So if no air conditioning, what are you trying to turn on? Heat, blower?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
blower
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked furnace for power, tripped breaker, perhaps blower door not on tight?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
furnace plugged in, no tripped breakers, I need to check blower door. How do I get back to you?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Just post back here when you're done. On the furnace, I would also check for a blown fuse on the control circuit board. The fuse is a 3 amp, most likely, and looks like an automotive fuse.