HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

We are buying a 14000btu portable a/c for the meeting room

Customer Question
at our church. It...
We are buying a 14000btu portable a/c for the meeting room at our church. It is 682sq. ft.
Should we reconsider and buy 2 of your 8000 or 10000 models? Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Sincrely, ***** ***** ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2016
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 1 year ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

Hello,,

My name is Billy. What would be the max expected occupancy?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
30 adults or 35 children, not both at once.

Thank you,

You are at 14,000 btu based just on sg ft.

Add 30 people and that is another 6,000. BUT this is only at full occupancy.

I would consider (2) of the 10,000. The one would be more of a back up or auxillary...plus you would have redundancy if one ever failed to perform.

Billy

BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech