HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have that trane unit XL 19i the first stage compressor

Customer Question
come on but the other...
I have that trane unit XL 19i the first stage compressor come on but the other one don't and I have a red light flashing in the board
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: i washed the coil but did not check the thermostat
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes i am a technician of hvac
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that is the problem i was thinking about replacing the board
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
7/31/2016
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, set the thermostat as low as it will go, 60F or so, and then tell me if the second stage compressor does not come on.

If it does not come on, wait until it warms to over 90F outside and try it again. So far I suspect that systems electronic controls are keeping the system in low stage mode be cause its not warm enough in the house or hot enough outside to support high stage cooling,

Do all that, let me know what you can discover, we can go from there.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer