HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My visionpro th8321r001 is set for cooling temp 76. the

Customer Question
indoor temp reads 70 and...
my visionpro th8321r001 is set for cooling temp 76. the indoor temp reads 70 and it will not shut off except from my ac breaker.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
7/30/2016
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

hi i am dan i can help you with this. if you pull the thermostat off the sub base on the wall does the A/C turn off?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

ok next if you turn the power off to only the airhandler inside does the outdoor unit still run?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

ok next i would turn the power off to the furnace and check the wires and circuit board in the furnace and at the thermostat to make sure noting is burned or shorted and the wires aren't touching each other

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All connections look good. System is only 2 years old.
Ok do you have a meter to test for voltage
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a meter

ok in the outdoor unit there is a circuit board in there for the defrost we need to see what we have between the C and Y terminals on that board

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did not find a circuit board. However, all power outside tested positive and the unit is blowing cold air.
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 1 year ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional

did you still need assistance with this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, thank you

OK

Tim H.
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional