HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

The air conditioner of my Heil DC 90 is blowing air out of

Customer Question
the front of the furnace...
The air conditioner of my Heil DC 90 is blowing air out of the front of the furnace unit, but not through the floor vents. Is there a re-set button for this, or is there a problem with the drain? None of the furnace repair businesses in my area are available
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I replaced the filter, the thermostat is set on 72 degrees and cool. The fan is set on auto. I think I have had this happen before, but I'm not sure what the repair man did. I did have some water leak out from the bottom of the furnace. I shut it off to see if the coils might be iced up, but no success.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only because I will not hear from a repair man until possibly next week or the week after.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only that when I take the top front cover off, you can feel the air blowing out, instead of up the duct work.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
7/29/2016
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, so far it sounds like the cooling coil has a sheet of ice on it.... if that is the case the 1" diameter tube connected to the outside unit will have frost on it, look for that, we can go from there

It takes about 5 hours for a thick sheet of ice to melt, it is inside the blower cabinet, you cannot see it from the outside

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer