HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Senville SENA/18HF/MO, 2 room unit; started having 1 room

Customer Question
not cool ; turned off...
Senville SENA/18HF/MO, 2 room unit; started having 1 room not cool ; turned off system and restarted and all was well. did this a few times over a few weeks. Finally, neither unit would cool and compressor not turning on (no fan either) and compressor was hot; cooled unit and still no fan or compressor; indoor units turn on and blow fine; no error code on inside units or on circuit board in outside unit; resistance on compressor about 1.5 ohms; no short to ground. No obvious signs of anything wrong with capacitor board except maybe a dark smudge. What to do next?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
7/29/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 year ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

CHeck the power to the outside unit, you may have a bad capacitor that can cause the compressor not to start and fan not to run. They often look fine but can be bad. I would change that and also check the voltage to the outside unit. I would say the capacitor or contactor would be the likely suspects from what you have described.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That answer is not specific to my unit. It has an inverter type compressor and a circuit board with capacitors and chips etc. Not like your typical outdoor unit.

Are you getting any flashing errors on either board?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No error lights on outside unit board or inside units. Inside units blow air (just not cold) and operate normally.

I am not sure if you got any of my messages

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH