How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask airheatman Your Own Question
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 8164
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
airheatman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an apartment with a central "in-unit" furnace that

Customer Question

I have an apartment with a central "in-unit" furnace that only has one vent and it does not get heat to two of the bedrooms. I am thinking that a natural gas wall heater is the best way to fix the issue, because I have lost 3 tenants in a row because of it and electric space heaters make their electric bill too high in the winter. What are your thoughts on this and what BTU heater would I need for a small 10 x 8 bedroom? Also, any suggestions on where to get it from? Home Deport ect... Thanks
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 12 months ago.

The little 12,000 btu vent free from Home Depot would probably be a good choice. More than enough heat and no vent to have to go through roof or wall.