HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My Honeywell digital thermostat says Cool On above the

Customer Question
Hello. My Honeywell digital...
Hello. My Honeywell digital thermostat says Cool On above the system box that shows the system is on cool. I've never noticed that before. What does that mean? Cool On is not flashing. It is steady. Thank you.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: The thermostat I think.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I guess.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Well, I don't know if this means anything. It's only a 2 year old thermostat and Trane system and have had no problem. Today though with the heat here in Nashville, TN area, my inside temp reads 76 on the thermostat but I have it set on 74. I haven't noticed before that the numbers have varied.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
7/24/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 year ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

That just means it is in COOL mode and running, the unit should be running normally that is normal when it is on cool.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH