HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have carrier furnace/ac 2002 residential. I turned it off

Customer Question
a week ago via the...
I have carrier furnace/ac 2002 residential. I turned it off a week ago via the thermostat and now I just have a blank thermostat. It doesn't require batteries and I have. Hacked the breakers and the furnace is on.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I think it is just the thermostat
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't knoe
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/23/2016
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 1 year ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is ***** ***** Carrier furnace...is there a light lit on the circuit board located in blower section?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

The switch on the side of the furnace...is it a switch only or has a round fuse next to it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is like a light switch and it is on

Thank you.

If the breaker is on, it is possible the switch on the side is bad. Do you have a meter to check a few things?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I don't. It was all working fine a week ago then I turned the thermostat to off but now it will not show anything on the screen

do you mind a test at the thermostat to verify? It involves removing the top section

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is hard wired with computer chips I had the cover off last night and could not tell if there was a broken connection or not. I have depressed the reset filter button. And the mode button as well as the fan button but nothing comes onto the screen

we want to expose the wires...take a paperclip or short wire shaped in a U and hold one end on R while other end on G

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Give me a minute
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing happens I can see the wires going into each section of r and g

Thank you,

This verifies it is not a thermostat issue.

Any chance any lawn work, trimmimg etc was done around the ac outside recently?

there is a small fuse in the furnace and if the wiring to outdoor unit was damaged we could have possibly blown this fuse. It is located on the circuit board in the furnace

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. I am going to end our chat. I will have o call carrier tech. Sorry you could not help.

I apologize. But without a meter or checking fuses it is not possible to continue. Unfortunately there is no magic reset for this situation.

I wish you the best

Billy

BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech