HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Priestige thermostat in a commercial application.

Customer Question
It has an error message...
I have a Priestige thermostat in a commercial application. It has an error message on the screen that says it cannot communicate with the indoor sensor. When you press on the error message button it says I need to replace the AAA batteries in the indoor sensor. There is no indoor sensor. I checked the program set-up and the box to be checked for the indoor sensor is not checked. What is the problem?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/21/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 year ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

When that happens almost always the thermostat is bad. Power the thermostat totally down for about 5 minutes then power it back up and see if it goes away, if not you will need a new thermostat. This has happen on the Prestige units often.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH